The RS212/RS212Ts are light, portable and share the same footprint of the RS210 with and additional 2.75” of height. They come with two driver choices. The S version has a higher sensitivity and a different tonality. Although its power handling is lower, its sensitivity makes up for it as seen in the sensitivity measurements below. I like this driver for four string players or a five or six-stringer that’s a very good player. Good technique/armature is awarded and shines through the S version. A 100 to 500 watt amp will drive this cab happily and be loud enough for small to medium/large venues. With only 100 watts of input power, the S puts out an impressive 123db at 1 meter. It’s smooth and extremely articulate.
The X version has a creamier sound, with a more pronounced low end. Not low mid: low. The X version is an excellent choice for five and six string players. Both versions can find a common ground with very little EQ.
The RS212s are a superlative choice for the player that wants the combination of power and portability that can cover gigs big and small.
The sensitivity is as remarkable as the 112. It has incredible headroom and throws long and even. It’s another cab the drummers love.
- Black Duratex finish, strap handle, 16 gauge powder coated steel grill,
- Sound-isolating feet, dual Neutrik Speakon connectors, adjustable L-Pad on the RS212T, optional coverings available, for custom grills +35.00
- Drivers: (2) Celestion neo 12”, (1) 300 watt Titanium tweeter in RS212T
- Frequency response:
- S version: 50-4khz with tweeter 50-19.5K
- X version: 42-3.5khz with tweeter 42-19.5khz
- S version:103db 1 watt /1 meter 130.1db peak
- X version: 99.5db 1 watt/1 meter 128db peak
- Power handling:
- S version: 400 watts AES / 550 peak
- X version: 600 watts AES/ 800 peak
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Dimensions: 14 7/8” deep X 15 ¾” wide X 30 ¼” height
- Weight: 35lbs